It’s that time of year, love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is fast approaching again.
The time of year where the streets are filled with panicked gentlemen wearing confused faces, desperately seeking something that will bring a smile (and if they’re lucky a joyful tear) to their other half. As Black Box’s First Valentines Day, we are offering a quick fix guide to take the pressure off the present, giving you more time to enjoy the good old fashioned love that brought you together in the first place.
We want to make this February 14th as dreamy as possible, where Frank Sinatra sings you through your day, little bluebirds take over that pesky housework, and the men become hopelessly charming Cary Grants and Clark Gables. Come down to Black Box and we’ll do our best to make sure your day of romance runs as smoothly as a Disney fairytale (minus the Wicked Witch, of course).
In this short but sugary post we’ll show you how to find out a ring size without them finding out, give you some quick hints to help sussing out her taste in jewellery that little bit easier, show you some of the tempting treasures available in the boutique, and finally, invite you to our Valentines Treat Weekend at the boutique.
FINDING THE RIGHT PIECE OF JEWELLERY FOR YOUR LOVELY LADY
The key is to look at what she already wears and how she wears it. If you can answer just a couple of these questions, it will make finding the perfect piece of jewellery that little bit easier :
- Does she wear classic, understated jewellery, or does she tend to prefer bolder, statement pieces? (An easy way to gauge her preference towards size of jewellery is to use coins. E.g. If the main part of her jewellery (the pendant / top of a ring / front of earrings, etc.) tend to be the size of a 5p, then she probably likes modest, delicate jewellery, whereas if it tends to be larger than a 50p, then most likely bigger, bolder pieces are more her taste.)
- Does she like flowery / geometric / quirky / blinging pieces?
ABOUT HER JEWELLERY
- Does she wear gold / silver, or prefer alternative materials like plastics / wood / fabric?
- Is there a lot of colour in her jewellery box?
- Which does she wear most often? :
NECKLACES – short / long
RINGS - one’s she never takes off / does she have lots of different ones
EARRINGS - studs / long danglies
BRACELETS - moveable links like chain / solid bangles
After you have the answers to a combination of these questions, pop into the boutique and we’ll do our best to match your lady to a curious piece of jewellery – HURRAH! Why not pop in this weekend…See below for details
OooOooh TEMPTING VALENTINE TREASURES FROM THE BOUTIQUE
1. SARAH BROWN, Cluster Studs £85 | 2. HANNAH LIVINGSTON, Secret message ring £208 | 3. KATE PICKERING, Asymmetrical Heart earrings | 4. TILLY BLOOM, Lovebirds brooch £18 | 5. SONYA BENNETT, Springtime Heart necklace £95 | 6. TWIGGD, Pink Swallow brooch £13.50 | 7. LAURA GRAVESTOCK, Loveheart studs £36.90 | 8. MANOLO, Leocadia brooch £26 | 9. LAURA GRAVESTOCK, Love ring £52.90 | 10. LA10, Floral etched studs £69.90 | 11. BLACK BOX, Swallow necklace £42.90 | 12.AMANDA COLEMAN, Cow Parsley studs £63.90
And finally…VALENTINE TREAT WEEKEND!